This famous chicken soup is my personal favourite in Bali. It is always cooked to perfection and the noodles just melt in your mouth. Head Chef of Banyan tree Ungasan, Imam Fayumi, was so kind to cook it specially for us one night and he has even shared his special recipe with us.
The soup is pretty quick and easy to make and you will absolutely love the authentic taste. Let us know how you go!
For Chicken Stock:
Chicken Bone 1kg
Onion 100 gm
Celery 100 gm
Parsley Stalk 10gm
Bay Leaves 2
Thyme 1 sprig
For The Soup
Carrot 80 gm
Onion 80 gm
Leek 80 gm
Celery 80 gm
Chicken breast 100gm
Water 400 ml
Egg Noodles 50gm
Water 400 ml
Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
For chicken stock
- prepare 1 pot with boiling water add chicken bone 5 – 8 minutes
- peeled the onion and cut quarter, trimmed the leek and celery ( best part use for dice )
- trow the water , removed the chicken bone and washed with running water
- prepare again new water add some vegetables, bay leaves and thyme.
- keep boiling first and reduce the medium heat or simmer until 1 hour.
- strain the stock with fine shieves.
- put back in pot and reduce until half (if the stock flavour is not strong enough)
- make all the vegetables in same size
For chicken breast
- prepare boiling water add some salt
- dice the chicken breast and blach them.
- strained and trow the water, keep a side
For egg noodles
- prepare boiling water add some salt and vegetables oil.
- boil the egg noodles until aldente and strain
For finishing soup
- take same chicken stock in the pot keep boil it.
- add some raw dice vegetables , chicken dice and noodles
- season with salt and white pepper powder and just little bit sugar.
dont over cook the noodles and enjoy!
Recipe is complements of Imam Fayumi of Banyan Tree Ungasan.