the lux score98
the lux score explained
Burj Al Arab is the super famous, World’s Only 7 Star Hotel.
The Lux Traveller really wanted to find out whether these these stars are truly deserved or is it just a clever marketing strategy?
After staying at this amazing hotel all I can say, if there were 10 stars I will give them all to the Burj. This hotel is truly AMAZING!
Everything about this hotel is unique, tasteful, luxurious, the best in the world!
The arrival – The Burj does nothing by halves. From the minute hotel car picked me up I felt like an Arabian princess being whisked away to the white tower. The whole experience is nothing less than magical – you feel like living a dream!
Burj driver has met me in the airport in a white Phantom Rolls Royce with a bunch of beautiful roses in hand. On the way to the hotel the driver has offered me a music menu ‘Madam, what music would you like to listen too?”
On arrival, fron desk manager has greeted me at the front door and in the hotel lobby 4 members of the staff had a refreshing towel for my hands, rose water to freshen me up after a long trip in the Rolls Royce (really!?), dates and Arabic green coffee – all to make me feel welcome. And I did!
WOW – what a way to be greeted! The staff at the Burj most certainly know how to make you feel welcome!
The check in takes place in your suite, very private and convenient. I was very fortunate to be upgraded to a panoramic suite – it is like nothing I have ever seen before. The suite is 2 stories high with the MOST breathtaking views of the ocean.
The size of the suite is about 300 sq m with 2 living rooms, bar area (perfect for after dinner drinks with friends), pool room, full kitchen, dining room for 10 people, guest toilet, huge bedroom and an office / study area.
Every room requires its own paragraph in this story as every room is amazing.
The bathroom is huge and beautiful with huge double shower and a bath with murals on top of it. Mosaic tiles, gold fittings and huge bottles of Hermes toiletries do inspire.
The most special touches are mirror ceiling in the bedroom (again, I felt like an Arabian princess on a honeymoon) and the most spectacular views from every window.
Butler service is also exceptional. Every floor comes with with 2 or 3 butlers and nothing is too much trouble for them. Butlers eagerly assist with all requests whether it is a dinner reservation, hairdresser appointment, setting the suite up for the evening, putting a music channel on though the suites built in entertainment system or anything else.
The Beach – the Best in Dubai. It is a natural beach (not man made like most in Dubai) with beautiful crystal clear blue water and perfect white sand. The service at the Burj beach is also great and the beach restaurant is a great place for a lazy long lunch. Very expensive but what do you expect. You are in the world’s only 7 star hotel.
The pool is quite small but exclusive. If you are after a bigger pool and more activity Burj guests have access to the Madinat complex with a choice of many lagoon style pools, 45 restaurants and Wild Wadi water park.
The Spa is quite small and doesn’t have amazing facilities like the sister Madinat complex but the spa rooms have the most beautiful water views and the service is excellent, very polished and respectful. I had a massage here and it was superb.
WOW factors – everything in this hotel is WOW. It is really difficult to pick out just a few things but I’ll try.
1. The air of absolute exclusivity and privilege
2. The best views in Dubai from every window of your suite
3. The biggest suites in Dubai (possibly in the world)
4. Furniture, details and design of the rooms is so tasteful, elegant and opulent that I never wanted to leave the suite. The hotel’s website doesn’t do the accommodation justice so don’t rely on the website – trust our review.
5. White Phantom Rolls Royce transfers
6. Al Mahara, the only fine dining restaurant in Dubai with a huge aquarium as a backdrop. King Neptune eat your heart out!
7. A selection of caviar and champagne in Al Mahara that most restaurants would be envious of.
8. The Sky Bar – Other Dubai visitors book to come here for a pre-dinner drink. For you – this is just a local bar. Sky Bar is located on top of the Burj with amazing views of the city and the Persian Gulf.
9. The service – faultless. During my stay at the Burj there was not one thing that wasn’t perfect. Attention to detail is absolute and like nowhere else in the world.
All in All – the most beautiful romantic exclusive hotel in the world. It defintely deserves all of its 7 stars! A must try for any romantic couple at least once in your lifetime. It is worth the expense!